Monday, January 11, 2010

Shalom,

I want to share a couple of verses from Matthew 11 today. First we'll look at verses 25-26:

25At that time Jesus began to say, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth [and I acknowledge openly and joyfully to Your honor], that You have hidden these things from the wise and clever and learned, and revealed them to babies [to the childish, untaught, and unskilled].26Yes, Father, [I praise You that] such was Your gracious will and good pleasure.

I have always liked this verse because I took it personally! I knew I didn't have to be a Bible scholar or attend a seminary in order to understand the things of God! In fact, it's BETTER if you DON'T start out that way! Every believer has within them the Spirit of God to teach us about Jesus and His Word! Remember this verse in 1 Corinthians 2:14 also! A person could try to study the Bible all day long, but without being born again (of the Spirit) they will NEVER understand the Word:

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

And then remember to DO this from Matthew 11:29-30:

29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.30For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

He WANTS us to really know Him intimately, and the Holy Spirit is here to do the job! Let's DO it!

Shalom in Him!