Monday, January 25, 2010

Shalom,

I just love studying the Word of God. The Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan is such a good tool for doing so! I want to share 2 verses from Psalm 25 today, and then a couple from Job. Psalm 25:5:

5Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

Someone shared this verse with me as a prayer a very long time ago and I like to pray it before I read the Word! It is giving HIM glory for Who He is and then asking Him to teach me what the Word is saying to me in my own individual life! A prayer according to His will (His Word) is one that He hears and I have! Thank , You, Jesus! AMEN! The other verse I want to share is verse 14:

14The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner] meaning.

Unbelievers and unbelieving believers cannot understand how we can have such an intimate fellowship with the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! But that's' exactly what HE wants to have with us! I choose to fear (revere and worship) Him and He reveals Himself to me by His Spirit and through His Word! Then He reveals the mysteries and secrets of His Word to me as I pray in the Spirit and meditate on the Word! What a wonderful, blessed life He gave us!

We always begin the year with Job because it was one of the earliest books written. If you read the Book of Job with the understanding that Job's three friends haven't the slightest knowledge of Who God is, which colors every thing they say and makes it untrue and unacceptable! When God reveals Himself and makes things clear to Job, he (Job) repents, prays for others and is delivered! Let's look at these verses in chapter 42 as we end the Book of Job today:

10And the Lord turned the captivity of Job and restored his fortunes, when he prayed for his friends; also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.11Then there came to him all his brothers and sisters and all who had known him before, and they ate bread with him in his house; and they sympathized with him and comforted him over all the [distressing] calamities that the Lord had brought upon him. Every man also gave him a piece of money, and every man an earring of gold.12And the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning; for he had 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 yoke of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys

When Job prayed for his friends, God turned things around for Him! He was blessed with more wealth and abundance than he had before! Then verse 17 says:

17So Job died, an old man and full of days.

We should all be as blessed as Job was at the end of his days on earth. To have a very full, productive life and an abundant entrance into Heaven! Hallelujah!

Shalom in Him!