Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shalom,

One of my favorite verses is Philippians 3:10 in the Amplified Bible:


10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
AMP



Paul, though he had not followed Jesus during His earthly ministry, was taught by Him directly (Galatians 1:16). Still, he said it was his great purpose to know Him more! There will never be an "I've arrived" moment when it comes to knowing Him or the Word! We will continually be learning a we wait for Hi appearing! Proverbs 2:1-6 says this:

 MY SON, if you will receive my words and treasure up my commandments within you, Making your ear attentive to skillful and godly Wisdom and inclining and directing your heart and mind to understanding [applying all your powers to the quest for it]; Yes, if you cry out for insight and raise your voice for understanding. If you seek [Wisdom] as for silver and search for skillful and godly Wisdom as for hidden treasures, Then you will understand the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of [our omniscient] God. For the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

HE is the source of ALL wisdom, knowledge and understanding! Spend time in His presence before you ever open the Word of God to study and you will find that the Holy Spirit will be better able to open up the Word to you! Pray this from Psalm 25:5 (Amplified) before you begin:


5 Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long. 
AMP



NOW, you are ready to receive! Amen! Here are some really inspiring pictures concerning the wonderful Word of God!






Shalom in Him!