Friday, February 11, 2011

Shalom,


Palm 42:1-2:


42:1 As a deer pants for flowing streams,
so pants my soul for you, O God.
2  My soul thirsts for God,
for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God? ESV

You should be familiar with this song! You can listen to it below:




The answer to verse 2 is: whenever WE choose to! The One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible LIVES IN US as believers in Jesus of Nazareth! You and I don't have to GO anywhere! He's right there inside of us in the person of God the Holy Spirit! I am the only one who can determine when and how I choose to spend time in intimate fellowship with Him! He is ALWAYS waiting! 


The psalmist is questioning why he is so down and depressed. He remembers previous times of worship and joy in the the LORD. In fact, a key to his revelation is found in verse 8. All of the references to God are to El or Elohim until verse 8. This time it is Yahweh, or Jehovah: the Eternal Self-existing One; the God of the Covenant; the LORD! 


8 By day the Lord commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me,
a prayer to the God of my life.ESV

He remembers the covenant and then reminds himself what he will do in verse 11:


11  Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God. ESV


The answer is to praise and worship the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible, the God of our Covenant of Salvation, for Who HE IS and thank Him for what He has done and what He is doing now! AMEN!

Shalom in Him!