Monday, January 28, 2019

Shalom,

We are ending Matthew today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan! The very last thing that JESUS said to those disciples who were present when He ascended to Heaven to sit down as WE take up His cause is this:
18 Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

JESUS instructed them, and US, to take HIS authority and preach and teach the Gospel! WE have HIS authority to do so and HE will confirm HIS Word that we speak with signs, wonders and miracles, just as He did when HE ministered His Word on the earth! Only now those who hear can be instantly born again! The instruction to 'baptize' is NOT referring to water baptism, which is an outward declaration of our New Birth. This instruction IS the New Birth! Baptizing them 'into the Name' means that they become fully immersed in the Name of JESUS and all that HE is! He IS SAVIOUR! Baptizing into the Name makes Him MY SAVIOUR, the Father MY FATHER and Holy Spirit MY COMFORTER, COUNSELOR, INTERCESSOR, ADVOCATE, STRENGTHENER, STANDBY, LEADER, TEACHER AND GUIDE! I now am fully equipped, fully supplied, fully anointed, called and appointed to take this GOOD NEWS to every area of my world, and wherever else He sends me! I will leave you today with two things! THIS from today's Psalm 28:7-8:
The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him. The Lord is their [unyielding] Strength, and He is the Stronghold of salvation to [me] His anointed.

And, from Hillsong UNITED, the song, OUR SONG, "GO"! Let's DO IT! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!