Sunday, September 2, 2018

Shalom,

I think that we can all learn from David's example when he faced hard times! Psalm 63:1-8:

Psalm 63

A Psalm of David; when he was in the Wilderness of Judah.

O God, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is. So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. So will I bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My whole being shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips When I remember You upon my bed and meditate on You in the night watches. For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice. My whole being follows hard after You and clings closely to You; Your right hand upholds me.

Notice three important things about the message in these verses. First: David identifies the God of all the universe as HIS God and praises Him as such. Second: David makes the presence of the Lord his deepest desire, hungering, thirsting and longing for fellowship with HIM! Third: David does something about this by thinking, meditating and pressing into God's presence, even during the night hours! How much do YOU desire the presence of the Lord? Is HE your #1 priority in all that you do? Paul said, in Philippians 3:10 AMP that he made it his 'determined purpose' to know the Lord. How determined are YOU to truly KNOW Him? We will never know HIM like that unless we make that our own 'determined purpose', being willing to pay any price to KNOW HIM! AMEN! Here is
Hillsong with an older song called "Like Incense - Sometimes By Step":



Shalom in Him!