Sunday, June 5, 2016

Shalom,

We read John 15 for today. The Gospel of John is my favorite Gospel. Verse 7 is very powerful! Here is it in a few translations:

If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.  KJV

But if you live your life in me, and my words live in your hearts, you can ask for whatever you like and it will come true for you. J.B. Phillips

But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. The Message

“If you remain united with me, and my words with you, then ask whatever you want, and it will happen for you. CJB

My very favorite is the
Amplified Bible:

If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. AMP

There is the real key to this verse! IF, and the choice is the responsibility of each one of us individually, we become vitally united with Him in the New Birth and meditate (Joshua 1:8) on His Word until that Word LIVES in us, THEN we will be asking what is according to His Word, which IS His will (1 John 5:14-15) and THEN we will have what we have asked for! Just being born again is NOT enough for that level of answered prayer! Just being born again AND Spirit filled is not enough for that level of answered prayer wither! We MUST be born again, we MUST be Spirit-filled, and we MUST have the Word of God ALIVE in us in order to walk in that level of answered prayer! My prayer for YOU is that you will make whatever adjustments are necessary to get yourself in THAT wonderful position! Here is Hillsong United with "Say The Word":


Shalom in Him!