Thursday, June 9, 2016

Shalom,

Today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin is a very good and very basic concept that every born again believer MUST understand! 

Three Dimensions of Man
"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess. 5:23). 

It will help your spiritual growth immeasurably to know the difference between your spirit and your soul. Many people believe that "spirit" and "soul" are the same thing. Even preachers believe this! They preach about the soul as if it were the spirit. But they cannot be the same thing. It would be just as scriptural to say that the body and the soul are the same, as it would be to say that the spirit and the soul are the same. But Hebrews 4:12 says that by the Word of God, soul and spirit can be divided. 

To help you understand the three dimensions of man, go through this process of elimination: 
(1) With my body I contact the physical realm. 
(2) With my spirit I contact the spiritual realm. 
(3) With my soul I contact the intellectual and emotional realms. 

Man is a spirit. The spirit is the part of man that knows God. Man possesses a soul - the intellect, the sensibilities, the will. And man lives in a body. 

Confession: I am a son of God. I am a child of God. With my spirit I contact my Father in the spiritual realm. 
AMEN! The easiest way I have learned to look at this is:

 I AM a spirit being. I HAVE a soul, which consists of my mind, my emotions and my will. I LIVE in a physical body while on the earth, looking forward to a new Resurrection body at the Rapture of the Church! Meditate on this until it gets "REAL" to you! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with "This Is Living":

THIS IS LIVING
Waking Up,   Knowing there’s a reason
All my dreams come alive,   Life is for living with You
I’ve made my decision

You lift me up,   Fill my eyes with wonder
Forever young in Your love,   This freedom’s untainted with You
No moment is wasted

See the sun nowBursting through the clouds
Black and white,  Turn to colour all around
All is new,  In the Saviour I am found

This is living nowThis is living now
You lead the wayGod You’re right beside me
In Your love I’m complete,  There’s nothing like
Living with you,  This life You created
I choose

You take me higher than I’ve been before
It’s Your perfect love that sees me soar
God Your freedom is an open door
You are everything I want and more

See the sun nowBursting through the clouds
Black and white,  Turn to colour all around
All is new,  In the Saviour I am found                         2Xs

This is living nowThis is living now
You take me higher than I’ve been before
It’s Your perfect love that sees me soar
God Your freedom is an open door
You are everything I want and more


Shalom in Him!