Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Shalom,

Two things really stood out to me in my studies today! The first was from Psalm 144 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. Verse 1 says this:

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight—

People have sometimes had the very misguided idea that as Christians, we are to be "peace freaks" and never "rock the boat". That could NOT be further from the Truth! We are told to live peaceably with others, as much as WE are responsible for (Romans 12:18). That means that I will not deliberately stir up discord with someone else. That does NOT mean that I will not speak up when I see wrong being done, or that I will allow someone to be maligned in my presence! When Peter spoke to Jesus in a way that was contrary to the Word and will of God, Jesus addressed the enemy who was using Peter's emotions for his own end by saying "Get behind me satan" (Matthew 16:23, Mark 8:33 and Luke 4:8)! Jesus was waging the warfare that we, as born again believers, are to wage! Ephesians 6:12:

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. KJV

AMEN! Also from Psalm 144 are two verses that form my new prayer for the political situation that we are now in in this nation! Verses 7-8:
Stretch forth Your hand from above; rescue me and deliver me out of great waters, from the hands of hostile aliens (tribes around us) Whose mouths speak deceit and whose right hands are right hands [raised in taking] fraudulent oaths.

I am going to continue to ask the Father, in the Name of Jesus, to deliver us from those politicians who are lying in all of their deceitfulness! My hope is that they will NOT be able to tell another lie, but will be forced to speak ONLY the TRUTH! Are you ready to agree with me? I hope you do! AMEN! 

The second thing that really stood out for me is found in today's "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers! You can find it here: My Utmost For His Highest

He is saying in this that when we live the life of faith in the God of the Bible and His Word, we will find ourselves in a position of such blessing that we may be tempted to continue looking to the BLESSINGS instead of the will and plan and purpose of the BLESSER! To keep a check on this for yourself, make sure that every decision, dream, goal, plan and purpose is something that you discuss with HIM in your time of close, intimate fellowship! When our will lines up with His, there is no stopping the wonderful, supernatural blessings from pouring into our lives. We are, remember, BLESSED, in order to BE a BLESSING (2 Corinthians 9:8-9)! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Blessed":



Shalom in Him!