Saturday, May 14, 2016

Shalom,

One thing that I have found over the years, since becoming a born again believer and a new creation that never existed before in my life, is that I can no longer compare myself with others, but I must compare myself with the standard of Jesus Himself. Although not one of us is yet able to measure up to HIS standard, He still MUST be the gauge that we use for our own behavior. When I think, speak or act in a manner that is contrary to what Jesus would think, say and do, then I must recognize that this qualifies as sin, which is actually and simply, a selfish decision or choice to do something my own way instead of God's way! When I recognize that in my life, then I can acknowledge and confess that sin (1 John 1:9), and receive the forgiveness and the cleansing from ALL unrighteousness that is provided to the born again believer continually (1 John 1:7). Today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan addresses this very thing in 2 Corinthians 6:14-18:
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? 15 What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 17 So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, 18 And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

We are to preach the Gospel to unbelievers, but NOT have intimate fellowship with them. We are NOT to trust them with decisions of vital importance and we are to seek God in every decision that we make, remaining unmoved by what society and other people think, say or do! It may be hard on our flesh nature at times to do so, but the rewards for obedience are FAR greater, in this world AND the next! AMEN! Here are
Hillsong Kids with "Trust and Obey":


Shalom in Him!