Saturday, May 28, 2016

Shalom,

Reading John 7 today caused me to reflect on my own life and ministry! Jesus was being pressured by His brothers to go up to Jerusalem. I LOVE His answer to them! Verses 6-8:
Whereupon Jesus said to them, My time (opportunity) has not come yet; but any time is suitable for you and your opportunity is ready any time [is always here]. The world cannot [be expected to] hate you, but it does hate Me because I denounce it for its wicked works and reveal that its doings are evil. Go to the Feast yourselves. I am not [yet] going up to the Festival, because My time is not ripe. [My term is not yet completed; it is not time for Me to go.]

Jesus KNEW the who, what, where, when and how of what He was called by God the Father to do! Others didn't always understand, but the fruit of His obedience to His Father was evident! Very early in the ministry that God has called me to, He laid it very strongly on my heart that "we" were supposed to pray AT our church FOR our church, The Spoken Word Church. I would mention it to others and it seemed that no one was interested! Everyone said things like "That sounds good", but no one else wanted to join me! When I complained to the Father that no one was interested, He said "I didn't tell you to get others to pray, I told YOU to pray"! That's why I added the quotes around the "we" above! I had added the we, when God meant ME! I have learned that no one else will receive YOUR call FOR you! He will place that in YOU! Others can confirm it, but they cannot call you! I was trying to add a wagon load of people on MY calling! It doesn't work that way! Sometimes we get ideas of what others SHOULD be doing, when it really is NOT our business! Remember this from John 21:21-22 when Peter asked what John was called to do?
21 When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, Lord, what about this man? 22 Jesus said to him, If I want him to stay (survive, live) until I come, what is that to you? [What concern is it of yours?] You follow Me!

It was NOT my place to get everyone else to pray! THAT was God's choice and God's responsibility. I had ONE responsibility! I repented and asked for permission to go BY MYSELF to pray at the church from 6am to 7am every morning. I began to obey with just myself and Holy Spirit! AFTER my obedience, HE began to speak to others in the congregation and we soon had MANY praying! We have now been praying every single morning from 6-7, seven days a week, 365 days a year, since 1985! We have had miraculous answers to prayer for our congregation and for our partners. ALL that our Father God is looking for from us is simple obedience and faith, trust and confidence that HIS plans for us are PERFECT! AMEN! I hope this has helped YOU to be free to be who God has called you to be, doing what HE has called you to do! You answer to NO ONE but HIM! Just like JESUS! AMEN! Here is a beautiful song of individual commitment by Hillsong United called "Oceans - Where Feet May Fail":


Shalom in Him!