Friday, November 6, 2015

Shalom,

I hope that THIS from Jerry Savelle's website devotional for today inspires you to fight for everything that belongs to you as a born again child of the Most High God!


Fight For What Is Yours

And the devil said to Him, “If you are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.” But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.’” (Luke 4:3-4 NKJV)
What bread is for your body, God’s Word is for your spirit. It is through His Word that you come to know who you are in Christ Jesus. Once this becomes revelation to you, no one can ever take it away. When you know who you are in Christ, your days of weakness and defeat are over.
The devil will always try to challenge the revelation of who you are, just as he tried with Jesus. But, just as Jesus did, you can boldly declare to the devil, “It is written!” He cannot steal from you any longer. Tell him, “You’ve defeated me or the last time. I’m entitled to be blessed. I’m entitled to health. I’m entitled to prosperity. You’re not stealing from me any longer!”
Although the devil is a worthy opponent, he is a defeated foe. Jesus has already defeated him. He has been stripped of his authority and power. You, however, are a world overcomer. You are no longer a loser; you are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. All you have to do is shake your Bible at the devil and declare, “It is written, I am more than a conqueror in Jesus name!”
Confession: I know who I am in Christ. I am a new creation. I am the righteousness of God. I am a joint heir with Jesus. I am more than a conqueror. I am a world overcomer, and from this day forward I am a winner!
I want to share one thing that may help you in your quest to understand the Word of God better. Where Jerry says that the Word of God is food for your spirit, what it really means is food for your soul! Remember that we are triune beings. We ARE spirits, who HAVE souls (mind, emotions and will) and we LIVE in these physical bodies (1 Thessalonians 5:23). Our born again spirits have been recreated in the image of God (2 Corinthians 5:17) and they do not NEED food! It is the soul that is desperately in need of nourishment! THIS comes from hearing and meditating on the Word of God (Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 5:2; Joshua 1:8). Your born again spirit, as led by the Spirit of God Who lives IN you, will ALWAYS agree with the Word of God and the Spirit of God. It is the soul that must be "fed" the Word so that understanding will come and we can make those right decisions that lead to the life that God desires us to live (John 10:10 AMP)! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "All My Hope":



Shalom in Him!