Thursday, November 12, 2015

Shalom,

Have you ever been involved in a discussion about who REALLY killed Jesus? I remember when I  was very young thinking how wonderful it would have been if they had NOT killed Jesus because He would still be alive and I could see Him! After I received Jesus as Lord and personal Savior, I would hear that it was the Jews who killed Jesus. Others would say that it was the fault of the Romans. When I realized that He had died for my sins, I thought that I was responsible! Though all of the above were involved, NONE of them were responsible! Look at John 10:17-18:
17 For this [reason] the Father loves Me, because I lay down My [own] life—to take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from Me. On the contrary, I lay it down voluntarily. [I put it from Myself.] I am authorized and have power to lay it down (to resign it) and I am authorized and have power to take it back again. These are the instructions (orders) which I have received [as My charge] from My Father.

THIS is why the religious leaders who had desired to get rid of Jesus could never touch Him before this! NO ONE could TAKE His life! HE alone had the power to lay His life down and until He did that, He would not have died! So WHY would He do that? FOR YOU! Look at Hebrews 12:2:

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. KJV

He did this, in obedience to the Father, so that WE could belong to Him in such a way that the enemy would have no legal hold over us! Adam had dominion over the whole earth, but he gave it up to satan when he disobeyed God in the Garden. JESUS bought it all back when HE, Who was sin-LESS became sin with OUR sin and suffered the penalty for it! Because He did this, WE {who choose Him} are now forever free from that penalty and HE {Who was unlawfully executed for sin He did NOT commit} is forever given that Name that is above every Name, that at HIS Name every knee WILL bow and every tongue WILL confess that HE IS LORD (Philippians 2:10-11)! HALLELUJAH! It was unfailing LOVE and the perfect will of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that allowed Jesus to suffer the horrendous in order to bring us the GLORIOUS! HALLELUJAH! Have YOU praised Him and thanked Him for so great Salvation (Hebrews 2:3) today? DO IT NOW! Amen! Here is Hillsong with "Unending Love":


Shalom in Him!