Thursday, September 25, 2014

Shalom,

Today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan we read Luke 7. I have always loved verses 6-9:
And Jesus went with them. But when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent [some] friends to Him, saying, Lord, do not trouble [Yourself], for I am not sufficiently worthy to have You come under my roof; Neither did I consider myself worthy to come to You. But [just] speak a word, and my servant boy will be healed. For I also am a man [daily] subject to authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my bond servant, Do this, and he does it. Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled at him, and He turned and said to the crowd that followed Him, I tell you, not even in [all] Israel have I found such great faith [as this].

"Faith" here is the Greek word "pistis". It means a confident trust and a firm persuasion! This centurion had such a confident trust in the power and authority of Jesus to heal and deliver that he knew THAT kind of authority would HAVE to be obeyed by whatever and to whomever it was directed! Remember that this was all BEFORE His death, burial and resurrection! Jesus HAD that authority! Right before He ascended into Heaven, He said THIS to His Church in Matthew 28:18-20:

18 Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be). AMP

Recognize that YOU, as a born again believer in Jesus the Christ, have HIS authority, that MUST be obeyed, operating in you! Make sure that YOU are buying up every opportunity to keep the enemy on the run! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "You Are Here?Same Power":


Shalom in Him!