Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Shalom,


I read this in The Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan today - 


Matt 3:13-17 (AMP):

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John to be baptized by him. 
14 But John protested strenuously, having in mind to prevent Him, saying, It is I who have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me? 
15 But Jesus replied to him, Permit it just now; for this is the fitting way for [both of] us to fulfill all righteousness [that is, to perform completely whatever is right]. Then he permitted Him. 
16 And when Jesus was baptized, He went up at once out of the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he [John] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him. 
17 And behold, a voice from heaven said, This is My Son, My Beloved, in Whom I delight!  [Ps 2:7; Isa 42:1.] 

Jesus was without sin (Hebrews 4:15), though He WAS tempted just like we are! His desire was to be obedient to the will of His Father! My thought: Since we KNOW that Jesus never sinned even one time, then what appeared to be sin to the Pharisees and teachers of the Law was a total misunderstanding on their part of the Truth of God's Word! How many times have YOU judged someone for an "apparent" offense? THAT is why we are told: "Judge NOT, that YOU be not judged" (Matthew 7:1). Sound advice, don't you think? Here is a wonderful picture portraying a glorious baptism for our Lord Jesus! I hope you enjoy it!



Shalom in Him!