Friday, November 18, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 139:1-3:


1 O LORD, you have searched me [thoroughly] and have known me. 2 You know my downsitting and my uprising; You understand my thought afar off. You search out my path and my lying down, and You are acquainted with all my ways.


I like this from the Bible Exposition Commentary:

God Knows Us Intimately — We Cannot Deceive Him 


The verb "search" means "to examine with pain and care." The Jewish people used this word to describe digging deep into a mine, exploring a land, and investigating a legal case. Our friends see the outside but God sees the heart, and we cannot deceive Him. Adam and Eve tried it (Gen 3:7-24), Cain tried it (Gen 4:1-15), and even David tried it (2 Sam 11-12), and all of them discovered that God knew all about them. "Understand" in verse 2 means "to distinguish and discern with insight" and not just gather raw data.

Be honest with God always! He knows it all anyway, so you might as well be open with Him. Then HE can be open with YOU! Remember, He knew you before you were born! Verses 14-16:

14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth. 16 you eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

There is absolutely no question in the mind of Almighty God as to when life begins! HE is responsible for it! Not only is there life from the moment of conception, but it begins way before that in the mind of Almighty God! Here is a video that shows the development of a baby in the womb to show you just how very real that baby is!


Keep a gauge on your own life by praying verses 23-24 to the LORD.


23 Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24 And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Whatever He reveals to you, DO IT! Amen!

In John 16 Jesus is preparing His disciples for life after His death, burial, and resurrection. Verse 7-8:


7 However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you]. 8 And when he comes, he will convict and convince the world and bring demonstration to it about sin and about righteousness (uprightness of heart and right standing with god) and about judgment:


Notice that it is the job of the Holy Spirit to convict the unbelievers of their need for a Savior, not ours! Our job is to preach the Good News of the Gospel; telling people that God isn't holding anything against them, but that Jesus of Nazareth paid the price for ALL sin, for ALL people, for ALL time. The only condition is that we must accept and receive Him as our own personal Savior! Then Jesus further encouraged them with this in verses 12-13:


12 I have still many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them or to take them upon you or to grasp them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For HE will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatsoever He hears [from the Father; he will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].


We should NEVER be taken by surprise with the trials, tests, and situations of life because God the Holt Spirit lives IN us! HALLELUJAH! We are MOST BLESSED! Amen!


Ezekiel 46-47 continue describing the Millennial Temple and the distribution of land. Once the 1000 years is over, the Temple will no longer be needed because there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth with the presence of God everywhere! We don't know, and have a difficult time actually imagining, what the world will be like then, but we DO know that our God is a God of infinite ORDER! The devil and his "gang" will be locked up and King Jesus will rule! Something to look forward to! Let's get busy with OUR job now and bring great joy to the heart of OUR FATHER! Amen!

Shalom in Him!