Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 137 is the song of one who has returned from exile in Babylon and is remembering what it was like to long for home. Verse 1:


1 BY THE rivers of Babylon, there we [captives] sat down, yes, we wept when we [earnestly] remembered Zion [the city of our God imprinted on our hearts].


Their captors mocked them by asking them to sing the songs that had been sung to the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible. That was blasphemy to them! They refused and vowed to never forget their rightful home! Verses 5-6:


5 If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill [with the harp]. 6 Let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth if I remember you not, if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy!


Don't ever "forget to remember" God's will and plan and purpose for YOUR life! If you have moved away from it, repent (change your thinking to agree with God and His Word) and get right back in the middle of HIS will for YOU! Amen! Listen to the Sons of Korah singing Psalm 137:




John 14:6 is one of the most powerful verses to share with someone who is hungry to know the Lord! It is our Lord Jesus Himself declaring Who he is! 


6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.


Jesus is the ONLY Way to be saved from eternal judgment in the Lake of Fire! Who would NOT want to escape that? Then Jesus gives us these promises of what HE expects to happen IN and THROUGH His Church! Verses 12-14:


12 I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father. 13 And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son. 14 [Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM].


Many of us haven't even done the same works that Jesus did, let alone greater works! Let's do better from this day forward! Let's be about our father's business! 


Ezekiel 42-43 continue with the description of the Temple to come. Scholars differ on their ideas about this, so I hope you will read and study for yourself and allow the Spirit of God show you the Truth! That is what 2 Timothy 2:15 is speaking about!


15 Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.


BE that person who DOES know their God, and YOU will be strong and DO exploits (Daniel 11:32)! Amen! 


Shalom in Him!