Tuesday, November 22, 2011

MONDAY'S POST


Shalom,


Psalm 142:5-7:


5 I cried to You, O LORD; I said, You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living. 6 Attend to my loud cry, for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I. 7 Bring my life out of prison, that i may confess, praise, and give thanks to Your Name; the righteous will surround me and crown themselves because of me, for You will deal bountifully with me.


This is the last of the Palms of David that come from the time when he was fleeing from Saul. he begins by crying out in complaint to the LORD, but ended with the verses above! He confessed, declared, and proclaimed what the LORD would do for him, and then proceeded to spend time in praise and worship to the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! Follow David as he follows the Word of God! 


John 19 covers the crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth. I have shared these before, but I feel that it is important to cover this again. Jesus was beaten and mocked. They dressed Him in a "royal" robe and then in put a "crown" of thorns on his head. These were not the little sharp thorns that we see on a rose. These were huge! Here is a picture of the thorns that probably were used. Don't they look fierce?




Then Jesus was taken to Golgotha, or the "place of the skull", and it actually looks like that! Here is a picture:




This was very close to a garden that contained the new tomb belonging to Joseph of Arimathea, where the body of Jesus was taken. Tomorrow's chapter is VERY exciting!


Jeremiah 46-47 continue with judgments to the nations. Jeremiah 46 deals with Egypt. Jeremiah 47 deals with judgment for Philistia. If you ever deal with someone who doubts the Word of God, take them through the judgments of the nations and the fulfillment of them! The Word of God has never been proven WRONG! Everything historical that has been uncovered has PROVEN the Word of God to be TRUE! Thank You, Jesus! 


Shalom in Him!