Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shalom,


At The Spoken Word Church this morning we began in Matthew 5:5:


5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.


Many people think that the word meek means weak. It does NOT! The Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words says this:


It must be clearly understood, therefore, that the meekness manifested by the Lord and commended to the believer is the fruit of power. The common assumption is that when a man is meek it is because he cannot help himself; but the Lord was 'meek' because he had the infinite resources of God at His command.

I like THAT! Being "meek" before the LORD is to open ourselves up to be taught His Truth by the Holy Spirit Who lives in us! Be teachable! Are YOU willing to repent? That means to change YOUR thinking to agree with God when you find that His Word says something different than what you have always believed! I take the Word, taught to me by the Spirit of God, over ANYTHING that ANYONE in this world says! Their understanding is finite! It is limited to what is known to man, but HIS is infinite! And He WILL reveal it to me if I am "meek"!  "Teach me LORD!"  AMEN!


Shalom in Him!