Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shalom,

Matthew 18:1-6:

1 AT THAT time the disciples came up and asked Jesus, Who then is [really] the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 
2 And He called a little child to Himself and put him in the midst of them, 
3 And said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all]. 
4 Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 
5 And whoever receives and accepts and welcomes one little child like this for My sake and in My name receives and accepts and welcomes Me. 
6 But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in and acknowledge and cleave to Me to stumble and sin [that is, who entices him or hinders him in right conduct or thought], it would be better (more expedient and profitable or advantageous) for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be sunk in the depth of the sea. 

I have always tried to picture this scene whenever I read these verses of Jesus with the child. I know children must have loved being with Him! I found this picture some time ago and I really like it:


Can't you just see Him like that? Remember that He wants each of us to have that same carefree, childlike ease whenever we are in His presence! Trust Him completely and you will be amazed at how much stronger you will be - in HIS strength! 

Shalom in Him!