Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shalom,


In reading through Job this year, I have seen things more clearly than any time before! Job continues to blame God for allowing the enemy to torment him. His "friends" continue to blame Job, self-righteously,  saying that he MUST have some hidden sin for all of this to happen to him. This book goes on and on and on this way, when the origin of Job's problem is found way back in the third chapter: Job 3:25:


25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. 


The Message Bible says this:


25 The worst of my fears has come true, what I've dreaded most has happened.


The ONLY fear that we are supposed to have is the "Fear of the LORD", which is a reverence and respect for WHO He is and an awareness of His awesome presence! 2 Timothy 1:7 says this:


7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.


Do NOT open the door to the enemy in YOUR life by spending one moment in fear! Pray in the Spirit, get more into the Word and fellowship with like-minded believers who will help you stay in faith instead of fear!


Shalom in Him!