Thursday, May 6, 2010

Shalom,

Psalm 125:1 says:

1THOSE WHO trust in, lean on, and confidently hope in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides and stands fast forever.

I like that! As long as I "trust", the Hebrew word, "batach", which means: to trust, to be bold in confidence, to be sure and secure in, the Lord, then I WILL BE like Mount Zion! Mount Zion CANNOT be "moved" or "removed"! That is the Hebrew word, "mowt", which means: to slip, shake, fall, be carried away, to totter, be overthrown or greatly shaken. I WILL stand in strength, as long as I keep my trust and confidence in the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! Just remember that it is a CHOICE, and there are definite results for NOT doing things God's way, and they aren't good results! Then at the end of the Psalm, we are told to pray for PEACE for Israel! AMEN!

1 Corinthians 14:1a we are told to be eager in our pursuit of the Love walk that we read about yesterday!

1EAGERLY PURSUE and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest];

Then Paul goes on to talk about all of the Spiritual Gifts and their proper use in a service! I especially want to look at the verses that address speaking in tongues. Paul really clears up all of the false teaching on tongues in this chapter! Remember that he is talking about how to conduct ourselves in a public service, but he still tells of the great blessing that speaking in tongues is to the individual prayer life! I will list the verses or parts thereof that refer to the advantages to speaking in other tongues:

2For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding].

4He who speaks in a [strange] tongue edifies and improves himself,

5Now I wish that you might all speak in [unknown] tongues,

13Therefore, the person who speaks in an [unknown] tongue should pray [for the power] to interpret and explain what he says. (In a public service!)

14For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays,

15Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding; I will sing with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will sing [intelligently] with my mind and understanding also.

16Otherwise, if you bless and render thanks with [your] spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider or he who is not gifted with [interpreting of unknown] tongues, say the Amen to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying?17To be sure, you may give thanks well (nobly), but the bystander is not edified [it does him no good](Again, in a public service!).

18I thank God that I speak in [strange] tongues (languages) more than any of you or all of you put together;

21It is written in the Law, By men of strange languages and by the lips of foreigners will I speak to this people, and not even then will they listen to Me, says the Lord22Thus [unknown] tongues are meant for a [supernatural] sign, not for believers but for unbelievers.

And THEN Paul tackles THIS question that people had asked him:

34The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says35But if there is anything they want to learn, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to talk in church.36What! Did the word of the Lord originate with you, or has it reached only you?

Paul says: "WHAT"? or to add a modern day paraphrase: "What kind of dumb thinking is that? Did the Word of God originate with YOU? Or are YOU the only enlightened ones?" Paul was very aware that many women had, over all of the years of history, been used of God in powerful and supernatural ways to accomplish His will on the Earth! The first person to EVER preach the Gospel was Mary, sent by Jesus to "go tell my brethren" (Matthew 28:10). Deborah was a Judge! Many of the names of minsters of the Gospel in the New Testament are actually women! Galatians 3:28 says:

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Remember that or you just may make a fool out of yourself!

In Joshua 23-24 we come to the end of the book and the end of Joshua's life on Earth. he reminds the people AGAIN of all that the Lord has done for them. He urges them to ALWAYS trust in the Lord and serve Him alone. He warns them of the consequences of NOT serving the Lord with their whole hearts. If they would have remembered and heeded the warnings of Moses and Joshua, the nation may never have been carried away in exile and eventually dispersed over the whole Earth! BUT, the promise of God to the nation of Israel, was that eventually HE would bring them ALL back to the land! It began in 1948 and continues this very day! Never again will they be dispersed! Hallelujah! Pray for the people, pray for the land. AMEN!

Shalom in Him!