Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shalom,

Psalm 142:1 says:

1I CRY to the Lord with my voice; with my voice to the Lord do I make supplication.

David is crying out to the Lord instead of trying to handle everything himself! Look at verse 3:

3When my spirit was overwhelmed and fainted [throwing all its weight] upon me, then You knew my path. In the way where I walk they have hidden a snare for me.

We all face times of tests, trials and temptations. The ONLY way out of those is to leave this Earth and go to Heaven! I'm not ready yet, my job here is not done! So what should we do when we feel overwhelmed? Do what David did! Cry out to the Lord with your problem. He doesn't need to hear it, YOU need to express it, release it to Him because He cares for you, and THEN remind yourself what the Word of God says about your situation. That's how David encouraged HIMSELF in the Lord! The result was his absolute confidence that God would (verse 7a):

for You will deal bountifully with me.

AMEN!

In John 2 we see the first recorded miracle that Jesus of Nazareth performed in turning the water into wine at the wedding in Cana of Galilee. The key verse to remember here is verse 5:

5His mother said to the servants, Whatever He says to you, do it.

As you spend time in HIS presence, write down what He tells you to do and then DO IT! Simple but profound "formula" for getting in position to receive God's richest and best!

Then remember verse 25:

25And He did not need anyone to bear witness concerning man [needed no evidence from anyone about men], for He Himself knew what was in human nature. [He could read men's hearts.]

He KNOWS everything! He KNOWS our very thoughts! We don't fellowship with Jesus in order to let Him in on something He doesn't know! WE fellowship with HIM in order to change OUR thinking to agree with HIS! AMEN!

In 1 Samuel 10-11 we see the people of Israel finally getting the earthly king that they had cried out for! They had the God of the Bible, the God of Creation, the God of the Universe as their true King! Still, they wanted a flesh and blood king. Well, they got him and their lives would never be the same! Keep reading!

Shalom in Him!