Monday, May 3, 2010

Shalom,

After just returning from my trip to Israel and Jerusalem, I can say, with the psalmist:

I WAS glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord!2Our feet are standing within your gates, O Jerusalem!--

Psalm 122 is very appropriate, don't you think? Especially appropriate are verses 6-7:

6Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they prosper who love you [the Holy City]!7May peace be within your walls and prosperity within your palaces!

Make sure you keep your self on God's side and pray daily for the peace and prosperity of the nation of Israel and the city of Jerusalem! AMEN!

In 1 Corinthians 11:1 Paul says this:

1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

The word "followers" here is the Greek word, "mimetes", which means: an imitator. It's where we get the word "mimic". The Amplified Bible says it very well:

1PATTERN YOURSELVES after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).

We are to do the same things that Paul does, WHEN he does the same thing Jesus did or would do! Did Paul do EVERYTHING the way Jesus did? NO! He was human! Your Pastor can say the same thing Paul said here! I can say the same thing! Follow me AS I follow Christ! When I do what Jesus did, that is a good example for you to follow! When I do something contrary to the Word of God, DON'T DO IT! Pretty simple idea, but it takes great diligence! No person is ever going to get away with the excuse that they did what someone else told them to do! We all, as born-again believers, have the Word of God and the Spirit of God to teach us and lead us and guide us into all Truth, so that we can obey that Truth! There is no shortcut for getting into the Word of God so that you can obey the Word of God! And no greater results than being a DOER of that Word! AMEN!

Joshua continues to try to get the tribes of Israel to go and possess the land that god has given them. I hope that present day Israel gives nothing back that God has brought back into their hands! AMEN!

Shalom in Him!