Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Shalom,

We begin Psalm 119 today in ou Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan, reading the first 88 verses and finishing tomorrow! Here are some of my favorite verses! Verses 1-2:
Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are the undefiled (the upright, truly sincere, and blameless) in the way [of the revealed will of God], who walk (order their conduct and conversation) in the law of the Lord (the whole of God’s revealed will). Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are they who keep His testimonies, and who seek, inquire for and of Him and crave Him with the whole heart.

These two verses PROMISE that those who give first place to the Word (instructions and promises) of God will be BLESSED! Then verses 5,17, 44, 56, 67 and 88 all say this:

Oh, that my ways were directed and established to observe Your statutes [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]!

17 Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live; and I will observe Your word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].

44 I will keep Your law continually, forever and ever [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].

56 This I have had [as the gift of Your grace and as my reward]: that I have kept Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now Your word do I keep [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].

88 According to Your steadfast love give life to me; then I will keep the testimony of Your mouth [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].

It will never be enough to  simply read the Word of God. We must meditate on it until knowledge and understanding come! THEN we can act on that Word that we know and EXPECT the answers from our God! AMEN! Here is Hillsong UNITED with "Shadow Step":


Shalom in Him!