Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Shalom,

Today's "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers addresses something that I do not believe is covered enough, or even thought about enough!

The Light That Fails

We all with open face beholding…the glory of the Lord. — 2 Corinthians 3:18

A servant of God must stand so much alone that he never knows he is alone. In the first phases of Christian life disheartenments come, people who used to be lights flicker out, and those who used to stand with us pass away. We have to get so used to it that we never know we are standing alone. “All men forsook me:…notwithstanding the Lord stood with me” (2 Timothy 4:16-17). We must build our faith, not on the fading light, but on the light that never fails. When “big” men go we are sad, until we see that they are meant to go; the one thing that remains is looking in the face of God for ourselves.

Allow nothing to keep you from looking God sternly in the face about yourself and about your doctrine, and every time you preach see that you look God in the face about things first, then the glory will remain all through. A Christian worker is one who perpetually looks in the face of God and then goes forth to talk to people. The characteristic of the ministry of Christ is that of unconscious glory that abides. “Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.”

We are never called on to parade our doubts or to express the hidden ecstasies of our life with God. The secret of the worker’s life is that he keeps in tune with God all the time.

AMEN! One of the MOST important lessons that every born again believer should know is that each and every one of us is UNIQUE, and UNIQUELY called, equipped, anointed, and separated to fulfill our own calling, and to run our own race. Most times we will be continually intersecting with the calling and anointing of others, but our rewards will ONLY be for doing what God has called US to do with the right attitude and motive! 

When Holy Spirit first began speaking to me about beginning to pray EVERY DAY AT the Church, and FOR the Church, I wanted to wait until everyone that He called could all join together in our little Morning Prayer and get the job done! NOT ONE PERSON was interested or called! I finally had to make the choice to obey GOD whether or not anyone ever came but me! When I began to do this, I had NO DOUBT whatsoever that this IS what GOD had called me to do! It didn't bother me at all that I was alone, because Holy Spirit within me was with me! It was one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned! ONE with GOD is a MAJORITY and can get any job done! Once He established me in that valuable TRUTH, He then began to call others to join me in the mornings and we have been doing this now for 35 years next month! EVERY morning! Seven days a week and 365 days a year (366 on leap years)! When we are out of town, we always make sure that SOMEONE is there in person! 

The lesson here? YOUR own personal fellowship with the Lord is the MOST important part of your life. Spending time with like-minded believers is 'time well spent', UNLESS it takes the place of your very own intimate fellowship with HIM! Take account of your own life today and find if you are missing out at all in this MOST VITAL area! If so, do whatever you must to make the adjustments. You will NEVER regret that decision! AMEN! Here are Hillsong Kids with "My Number One":



Shalom in Him!