Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Shalom,

Today I want to share Kenneth E. Hagin's "Faith Food" .

Agreement

"Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 18:19). 

You won't be able to get someone healed if you're believing that they will live, but they're believing they will die! There's no agreement there. When praying for others, it is important to get them to agree. 

Usually, when someone comes to me with a prayer request, I say (if I can agree with it), "Let's join hands now and agree. Listen while I pray, and agree with my prayer. Because if we both pray at once and we don't pay attention to each other, you may be praying in one direction and I may be praying in another." 

Once a woman came for prayer for a financial need. I prayed, "Father, we agree concerning the $100 this family needs by the first of next month. We agree that by the first of the month they'll have this extra $100. You said that if two of you agree as touching anything they ask, it shall be done. We agree that it is done, and we thank You for it now, in the Name of Jesus. Amen." 

I looked at the woman and asked, "Is it done?" 

She started crying, "I hope it is," she said. 

It wasn't. There was no agreement. 

Confession: If there are two of us...and we're on earth...and we agree as touching anything we ask in line with God's Word...it shall be done for us of our Father in Heaven! 
One of the most powerful prayers is the prayer of agreement. That's why the enemy tries so very hard to cause strife and division among the Body, among families, friends and in marriages. He has seen how powerful the prayer of agreement has been against him and his works of darkness! Walking in love will help to maintain the right attitude for this prayer to work. The other requirement is that we have to be in agreement and in one accord about what we are asking for. The Amplified Bible says it best:

19 Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven.

What that means is that the prayer of agreement is only effective when both or all parties involved are in complete agreement. If I have faith in God's Word to believe for something and someone else has not yet developed their faith in that area, then the agreement will stop at the lowest faith level. We cannot pray a prayer of agreement beyond our faith level, but we CAN ask for help in prayer from others. The very best is for the child of God to find out what belongs to us as His children and then to stand on that promise as though we REALLY believe that He cannot lie! Because He CANNOT! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Be Still":


Shalom in Him!