Sunday, July 17, 2016

Shalom,

Today I want to share something that you may be able to use as a tool to really get the Word of God inside of you with staying power! This is not a verse of Scripture, but a subtitle to Psalm 16:

A Poem of David; [probably] intended to record memorable thoughts.

We know that the Book of Psalms was used as a "hymnal" by the Israelites in the worship of the One, True God! Have you ever sung the Psalms to yourself? Try doing so and pay attention to what Holy Spirit speaks to you as you do! I have found that He speaks to me through music more powerfully than any other method of taking in the Word! David wrote these psalms as a way of recording his thoughts and prayers so that he could refer to them again and again, but he also shared them with others so that they, too, could learn! In many of the Psalms that David wrote, he tells of his troubles and discouragements, but then he encourages himself in the Lord by recalling all that the Lord had done for him before, including the times that He had delivered David from his enemies! As you begin to try this method of study, begin to sing your own thoughts and encouragements to HIM! Great peace, joy, comfort, encouragement and strength should be the results! Here is an example of praise and worship through the Word of God sung! Hillsong United with "Oceans - Where Feet May Fail", including the Scriptures that these verses were taken from! :

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)
Verse 1

You call me out upon the waters (Psalm 29:3Matthew 14:28-29)
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery (Colossians 2:2-3)
In oceans deep my faith will stand (Matthew 14:30-31)
Chorus
And keep my eyes above the waves (Matthew 14:30)
When oceans rise (Genesis 7Psalm 46:1-3)
My soul will rest in Your embrace (Jeremiah 6:16Matthew 11:29Luke 15:18-24)
For I am Yours and You are mine (Song of Solomon 6:3Song of Solomon 7:10)

Verse 2
Your grace abounds in deepest waters (Psalm 42:7Romans 5:202 Corinthians 9:8)
Your sovereign hand will be my guide (1 Chronicles 29:11-12Job 42:2Psalm 31:3Psalm 73:24Proverbs 16:9Philippians 1:6)
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me (Matthew 14:30)
You’ve never failed and You won’t start now (Joshua 23:14)

Bridge
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders (Matthew 4:1John 14:16-17John 16:13Romans 8:14Galatians 5:16-18)
Let me walk upon the waters (Matthew 14:28)
Wherever You would call me (Genesis 12:11 Corinthians 7:17)
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander (Exodus 14:21-22Ezekiel 47:1-9)
And my faith will be made stronger (Romans 4:19-20)
In the presence of my Savior


Shalom in Him!