Monday, May 27, 2019

Shalom,

Today's "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers covers another very important TRUTH in the born again believers' walk with the One, True God! 


The Life That Lives

Tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. — Luke 24:49

The disciples had to tarry until the day of Pentecost not for their own preparation only; they had to wait until the Lord was glorified historically. As soon as He was glorified, what happened? “Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, He hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.” The parenthesis in John 7:39 (“For the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified”) does not apply to us; the Holy Ghost has been given, the Lord is glorified; the waiting depends not on God’s providence, but on our fitness.

The Holy Spirit’s influence and power were at work before Pentecost, but He was not here. Immediately Our Lord was glorified in Ascension, the Holy Spirit came into this world, and He has been here ever since. We have to receive the revelation that He is here. The reception of the Holy Spirit is the maintained attitude of a believer. When we receive the Holy Spirit, we receive quickening life from the ascended Lord.

It is not the baptism of the Holy Ghost which changes men, but the power of the ascended Christ coming into men’s lives by the Holy Ghost that changes them. We too often divorce what the New Testament never divorces. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is not an experience apart from Jesus Christ: it is the evidence of the ascended Christ.


The baptism of the Holy Ghost does not make you think of Time or Eternity, it is one amazing glorious NOW. “This is life eternal that they might know Thee.” Begin to know Him now, and finish never.

AMEN! I especially LOVE that the baptism of the Holy Spirit (the INFILLING) is NOT an experience apart from JESUS, it IS the EVIDENCE of HIS presence! In the early days of the New Testament church, people received this infilling right after, or along with, the New Birth! Unbelief, laziness, false teaching, has robbed born again believers for centuries of this most important aspect of the New Covenant life! If you have never received JESUS as LORD and SAVIOUR, then I invite you to pray this prayer, from your heart, and become that NEW CREATION spoken of in 2 Corinthians 5:17!

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

Now, as a member of the family of God, of the Body of Christ and of the New Testament CHURCH, you CAN received this infilling of Holy Spirit! Pray THIS prayer:

Father, I am Your child. I desire to be filled with Holy Spirit and speak with other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives me the utterance. By faith, I receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit. As I lift my hands to praise You, I fully expect to speak in my heavenly prayer language. Amen.

Now open your heart and mouth in praise to Him and allow Holy Spirit to give you that powerful, personal, prayer language. If you have further questions, please check out The Spoken Word Church website at the top left and contact us there. We will be happy to help you in your spiritual growth. Here is Hillsong with an older song called "Joy in the Holy Ghost":




Shalom in Him!