Friday, April 5, 2019

Shalom,

Luke 7:2-9 is a very important lesson for us from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today!
Now a centurion had a bond servant who was held in honor and highly valued by him, who was sick and at the point of death. And when the centurion heard of Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to Him, requesting Him to come and make his bond servant well. And when they reached Jesus, they begged Him earnestly, saying, He is worthy that You should do this for him, For he loves our nation and he built us our synagogue [at his own expense]. And Jesus went with them. But when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent [some] friends to Him, saying, Lord, do not trouble [Yourself], for I am not sufficiently worthy to have You come under my roof; Neither did I consider myself worthy to come to You. But [just] speak a word, and my servant boy will be healed. For I also am a man [daily] subject to authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my bond servant, Do this, and he does it. Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled at him, and He turned and said to the crowd that followed Him, I tell you, not even in [all] Israel have I found such great faith [as this].

This man was a Roman soldier, NOT a Jewish person! He had more faith in JESUS than did many of JESUS' own disciples! Notice what JESUS Himself said about this centurion in the underlined verse above! The message to US is that faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). When we feed our faith on the Word of God, our faith grows to the point that WE will have so much confidence that God WILL DO what He says in His Word that we will not expect to have to go to a particular meeting or minister, but WE will speak the WORD and HE will confirm that Word with signs, wonders and miracles (Mark 16:20)! Let's get with our Father's program and begin to bring Glory to HIS Name! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Say The Word":


Shalom in Him!