Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Shalom,

Today I want to let the Word of God speak for itself by looking at another translation! Doing this as part of your meditation and study will add depth to your understanding of the Word of God as you allow Holy Spirit to teach you! Here is Psalm 92 from today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan from The Passion Translation!

A poetic praise song for the day of worship
It’s so enjoyable to come before you
with uncontainable praises spilling from our hearts!
How we love to sing our praises over and over to you,
to the matchless God, high and exalted over all!
At each and every sunrise we will be thanking you
for your kindness and your love.
As the sun sets and all through the night,
we will keep proclaiming, “You are so faithful!”
Melodies of praise will fill the air as every musical instrument,
joined with every heart, overflows with worship.
No wonder I’m so glad; I can’t keep it in!
Lord, I’m shouting with glee over all you’ve done,
for all you’ve done for me!
What mighty miracles and your power at work, just to name a few.
Depths of purpose and layers of meaning
saturate everything you do.
Such amazing mysteries found within every miracle
that nearly everyone seems to miss.
Those with no discernment can never really discover
the deep and glorious secrets hidden in your ways.
It’s true the wicked flourish, but only for a moment,
foolishly forgetting their destiny with death,
that they will all one day be destroyed forevermore.
But you, O Lord, are exalted forever
in the highest place of endless glory,
while all your opponents, the workers of wickedness,
will all perish, forever separated from you.
10 Your anointing has made me strong and mighty.
You’ve empowered my life for triumph
by pouring fresh oil over me.
11 You’ve said that those lying in wait to pounce on me
would be defeated,
and now it’s happened right in front of my eyes
and I’ve heard their cries of surrender!
12 Yes! Look how you’ve made all your lovers
to flourish like palm trees,
each one growing in victory, standing with strength!
13 You’ve transplanted them into your heavenly courtyard,
where they are thriving before you.
14 For in your presence they will still overflow and be anointed.
Even in their old age they will stay fresh,
bearing luscious fruit and abiding faithfully.
15 Listen to them! With pleasure they still proclaim:
“You’re so good! You’re my beautiful strength!
You’ve never made a mistake with me.”


I especially love "No wonder I'm so glad; I can't keep it in!" THAT is how we should always react to thoughts of our beautiful, wonderful, powerful God! I have always loves palm trees, so verses 12-14 from the Amplified Bible make my meditation even more joyful!
12 The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like the palm tree [be long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful]; they shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible]. 13 Planted in the house of the Lord, they shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14 [Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment].

AMEN! I fully intend to finish my race, making full use of my older age with joy and fruitfulness! I hope that YOU decide to do the same! Here is Hillsong Kids with one of my favorite older songs with a fresh, young approach! "My Best Friend":


Shalom in Him!