Monday, April 29, 2019

Shalom,

Today and tomorrow we are again going through Psalm 119 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan (the first 88 verses today and the last 88 tomorrow). I am going to share some of my favorites from each day. This changes every time I go through this great Bible Reading Plan! My life is at a different spot each time, so Holy Spirit is teaching me different things! First we'll look at verses 1-2:
Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are the undefiled (the upright, truly sincere, and blameless) in the way [of the revealed will of God], who walk (order their conduct and conversation) in the law of the Lord (the whole of God’s revealed will). Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are they who keep His testimonies, and who seek, inquire for and of Him and crave Him with the whole heart.

I especially like the underlined verse 2! If YOU cannot say that YOU are 'blessed, happy, fortunate and to be envied' in your walk with God, then it just may be that YOU are not 'seeking, inquiring for and of Him or caving HIM with your whole heart'! Those ARE the prerequisites for these wonderful blessings! HE has already blessed us (every born again believer) with "every spiritual blessing in heavenly places - IN CHRIST" (Ephesians 1:3)! His promise is SURE! IF we do our part, He will already be actively doing HIS! AMEN! Next, I love verses 14-18:
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies as much as in all riches. 15 I will meditate on Your precepts and have respect to Your ways [the paths of life marked out by Your law]. 16 I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word17 Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live; and I will observe Your word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it]. 18 Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law.

A question that every born again believer must ask themselves found in verse 14! Do I treasure God's Word as much (or MORE) that money, riches, prestige, power or possessions? If I do, then I WILL be meditating daily on His Word, seeking for ways to obey it by putting it into practice in my life! THEN He will be able to reveal "wondrous things" to us in His Word! Next let's look at verses 63-66:
63 I am a companion of all those who fear, revere, and worship You, and of those who observe and give heed to Your precepts. 64 The earth, O Lord, is full of Your mercy and loving-kindness; teach me Your statutes. 65 You have dealt well with Your servant, O Lord, according to Your promise. 66 Teach me good judgment, wise and right discernment, and knowledge, for I have believed (trusted, relied on, and clung to) Your commandments.

When we spend time with like-minded believers, who know and love God's Word, it is time well spent! We add to each other when we center our fellowship around His Word and by His Spirit! THAT is how our Sovereign God set it all up! The last for today will be verses 72-73:
72 The law from Your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces. 73 Your hands have made me, cunningly fashioned and established me; give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.

Remember to ALWAYS give ALL credit for anything good in YOU and in your life to the One, True, Most High, Living Almighty God of the Bible! He IS the Giver of all good gifts! AMEN! Here is a new song by Hillsong UNITED called "Another in the Fire", because He always will be THAT ONE for YOU! 



Shalom in Him!