Friday, November 16, 2018

Shalom,

I really love the Gospel of John. To me the message of who WE are - IN HIM - is so very clear and powerful here. Especially when you do Word studies. The Amplified Bible is not perfect, but in this book it does SO much for expounding on the REAL meanings of these Scriptures! We are reading John 14 today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. You can read along with us through our website (link on the left) or purchase one to use for yourself (also available on the website). Look at verses 1-3:
Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me. In My Father’s house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.

It says not to "let" our hearts be troubled. It is OUR choice and OUR responsibility to maintain a heart that is not troubled by everything around us! Jesus goes on to tell us that we need never fear or be troubled because THIS is not our home! HE has prepared our place in Heaven with Him! That's our HOME! That's where we REALLY belong! What we are doing here and now is fulfilling our Father's desire that everyone has an opportunity to choose LIFE! HE desires that everyone lives, BUT, He has given US the free will choice to choose HIM. Or not! REJOICE! Soon and very soon we are going to see our KING! HALLELUJAH! Then JESUS tells us this in verse 6, erasing any doubt whatsoever that there will ever by any other WAY to the Heaven of the Bible! 

Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. 

AMEN! So be prepared, everywhere you go, to preach JESUS! And we will never have to do so alone! JESUS promised THIS in verses 16-17:
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever— 17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.

And then this in verse 26:

26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

AMEN! What an awesome promise and provision HE has made for US! And JESUS is also expecting something from us! Look at verses 11-13:
11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father’s name convince you.] 12 I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father. 13 And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name as [presenting all that I Am], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son. 

HE expects US to rely on HIM to work through us to carry this all out! And it is ALL for reaching the unreached and seeking and saving the lost! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Who You Say I AM":


Shalom in Him!