Saturday, October 8, 2016

Shalom,

Today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin covers a promise from the Word of God that, when we actually SEE it and put it into practice, will change not only our own lives, but the lives of all those that we come in contact with! I like to call that our 'realm of influence"! 

The Father Glorified
"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son" (John 14:13). 

What a striking promise! 

When we are born into the family of God, the right and privilege to use the Name of Jesus is given to us by the New Birth. All authority vested in that Name is given to us so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 

The Son was an outcast on the earth. He hung naked before the world and was crucified. But wherever the shame of the crucifixion has been preached, the might, power, and honor of His Name also has gone to shedding blessings upon the human race and bringing glory to God the Father. 

Jesus' Name is to take Jesus place upon the earth. All Jesus could do during His earth walk can now be done by every believer. Jesus is that Name. All Jesus was, all He did, all He is, all He will ever be, is in that Name now! 

When we use Jesus Name, we bring onto the scene the fullness of His finished work at Calvary. By our use of that Name, the living, healing Christ is present to the glory of God the Father! 

Confession: "I will use the Name of Jesus, as directed by His Word, to bring glory to God the Father." 
AMEN! HIS Name is higher and greater than any other name that has ever been given! We have been instructed to use that Name to do the same things that Jesus did in His earthly ministry when He "went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil" (Acts 10:38)! The only way for us to go boldly and confidently about doing these things is to increase our faith in the promise by meditating on this Word until faith comes (Romans 10:17)! THEN we MUST act on that Word in order for it to be REAL to us! AMEN! THAT is why Paul, who knew JESUS intimately better than any of the disciples who actually walked with Him during His earthly ministry (Galatians 1:11-12), still made THIS his #1 priority! Philippians 3:10:

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection

Paul went on to say this in verses 12-14:
12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own. 13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

Our message today? Keep pressing on to know JESUS more! As you do, remember that YOU represent JESUS in the earth today! As a born again believer, each one of us is a member of HIS body! We each have a part to play in the whole picture, and each part is important. No one can do YOUR part FOR you! Let's step it up and BE who HE has called us to be, and let's be the BEST at it! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with "Where You Are":


Shalom in Him!