Saturday, October 29, 2016

Shalom,

I LOVE Psalm 119 and its powerful emphasis on the Word of God! Two verses that really stood out to me in our reading today are verses 129-130:


129 Your testimonies are wonderful [far exceeding anything conceived by man]; therefore my [penitent] self keeps them [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]. 130 The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple.

I love the emphasis that the Amplified Bible gives here in saying that the Word of God "far exceeds ANYTHING conceived by man"! Our best and highest thoughts do not even compare to the thoughts, Words and purposes of Almighty God! So many people misquote John 8:32 when they simply say:  "The truth will set you free". That is NOT what the Word says! Here are verses 31-32 TOGETHER, which is the only way to understand what is being said here!
31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

The Truth itself (John 17:17) will not set anyone free until they KNOW it! How do we get to that point? Verse 31 says that this comes about by abiding in His Word. This means that the Word of God takes a place of high priority in our lives and we spend the time necessary to get to KNOW it! Joshua 1:8 gives us the time-tested, Word of God way to go about this!

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.

Meditating on the Word of God, and allowing Holy Spirit to teach us things we do not yet know, is what is necessary here! Let's make it OUR 'determined purpose' to get to know HIM and His Word better every day! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Your Word":

YOUR WORD
Before the earth knew its foundation
You spoke the dust into creation
Until the end when all has withered
Then still Your Word will endure forever

The lamp unto my feet
The light unto my path

Your Word will not be shaken
Your Word will never fail me
Like a fire in my bones
Like a whisper to my soul
Your Word is revelation

Deep calls to deep within Your presence
When I hear You speak my soul awakens
Your Spirit leads my heart to worship
As Your Word reveals the light of Jesus


Shalom in Him!