Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Shalom,

Kenneth E. Hagin's "Health Food" for today reveals a key component for walking in divine health!
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. (1 Cor. 9:27)
Notice that this scripture says, "I keep under my body." If your body were the real you, Paul would have said, "I keep myself under. I bring myself into subjection." But he didn't say that. He said, "I keep my body under." 

Well, what did he bring his body into subjection to? His spirit. He didn't let his body dominate him. Rather, his spirit dominated his body. He didn't let his body dictate to his spirit. His spirit dictated to his body. This principle has to do with divine healing. Speak to your body and tell it to obey the Word. Say to your body, "The Word says that you're healed now, so quit acting up." 

That's keeping your body under. Don't let your body dominate you in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Don't let your body tell you what to do. You tell your body what it can and can't do. And if your spirit is dominating your body and the life of God is in your spirit, that life is going to be flowing into your body. That's divine healing. 

Confession: 
I keep my body under. I don't let it dominate me. I don't let it tell me what to do. Instead, I tell my body what to do. I dictate what it can and can't do.

The key to being ABLE to keep your body under is to have a mind renewed by the Word of God! Romans 12:2 tells us this:

And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].

Another Scripture that shows us the results of renewing our minds is found in Joshua 1:8:

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success. AMP

So, whether we are looking to prosper financially, to walk in health, to have favor on our job, to have favor with our family, friends and relatives, or any other promise in the Word of God that we desire to have manifest in our lives, we MUST renew our minds to think and agree with the One, True God. Then we must speak that Word into our lives, fully expecting that we WILL see the manifestation of the promises of God! MAKE them yours by meditation and belief and then TAKE them by the force of faith! HE desires it so be so! 3 John 2:

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. KJV

AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Desert Song":



Shalom in Him!