Sunday, August 9, 2015

Shalom,

I want to share two things from today's Spoken Word bible Reading Plan! First let's look at Psalm 39:1-2 in both the King James and the Amplified Bibles:

39 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me. 2 I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred. KJV
I said, I will take heed and guard my ways, that I may sin not with my tongue; I will muzzle my mouth as with a bridle while the wicked are before me. I was dumb with silence, I held my peace without profit and had no comfort away from good, while my distress was renewed.

I wanted to look at both of these references because there is one aspect of this that is clear in each of these. They both say that David decided not to sin with his tongue, the words of his mouth. THAT is a GOOD thing! The KJV says that David wanted to use a bridle, which is for leading. The Amplified Bible says that David decided to "muzzle" himself. He had decided not to speak ANYTHING! Notice the KJV says that David decided to just stop speaking. He even stopped saying good things for fear of saying the wrong things. THIS decision is NOT God! How do we know? Look at Mark 1:23:

23 Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him. AMP

We are to build our faith in the WORD and then SPEAK that Word into our lives, situations and circumstances, and fully expect that what WE say WILL come to pass! If we say nothing, guess what we will receive into our lives? NOTHING! Refuse to be lazy or inconsistent about your time in the Word of God. Only YOU can change things in your life, by the words of your own mouth! I can agree with you in prayer, but only YOU have the authority to speak to your life. What is the exhortation in this? STEP IT UP! In the Word and in the words of YOUR mouth! You CAN have what you say, so what are YOU saying? The second thing I want to share today is found in Amos and it is one of the promises that the God of the Bible made to the nation of Israel! Amos 9:14-15:
14 And I will bring back the exiles of My people Israel, and they shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards and drink the wine from them; they shall also make gardens and eat the fruit of them. 15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be torn up out of their land which I gave them, says the Lord your God.

Yes, the Jewish people had been in exile from their "Land of Promise" for hundreds of years, but it was GOD and NOT man that did this. He did this because of their unbelief in their Covenant with Him and their cold hearts in serving and obeying Him. He did this to preserve them among the other nations "for such a time as this"! In 1948 Israel again became a nation, with Jerusalem as their eternal capital, and they will NEVER be removed from their land again! Those nations that are set on the annihilation of Israel would do well to pay attention to the Word of God, but they won't! They would do well to pay attention to what has happened to every nation that came against Israel when they were where they were supposed to be, doing what they were supposed to be doing! But, again, they won't. How do I know this? It is written in the Word of God! We each have to make the personal decision that we will bless Israel (Genesis 12:31; Numbers 24:9) and pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6). When we do this, we will have God's protection even as our nation, and other nations, have continually disobeyed these instructions in the last few years, and WILL reap the results! Stay in God's supernatural protection, provision and safety! Fear NOT and SPEAK good and Godly things into your life. Give Him something to confirm (Mark 16:20)! AMEN! Here is Lamb with an older song called "Dancing In Jerusalem" because, one day soon, we WILL be! 




Shalom in Him!