Saturday, August 29, 2015

Shalom,

I like this first portion of today's "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers:

Said I not unto you, that, if you would believe, you should see the glory of God? — John 11:40
Every time you venture out in the life of faith, you will find something in your commonsense circumstances that flatly contradicts your faith. Common sense is not faith, and faith is not common sense; they stand in the relation of the natural and the spiritual. Can you trust Jesus Christ where your common sense cannot trust Him? Can you venture heroically on Jesus Christ’s statements when the facts of your commonsense life shout “It’s a lie”? On the mount it is easy to say — “Oh, yes, I believe God can do it”; but you have to come down into the demon-possessed valley and meet with facts that laugh ironically at the whole of your mount-of-transfiguration belief. Every time my programme of belief is clear to my own mind, I come across something that contradicts it. Let me say I believe God will supply all my need, and then let me run dry, with no outlook, and see whether I will go through the trial of faith, or whether I will sink back to something lower.

It is important in these times when even common sense is hard to find in people, that we don't EVER settle for what is common or ordinary! Yes, we need to operate in our right  minds to make wise decisions and to do what WE are capable of, depending on HIM when we get to the end of our own human abilities. But THESE are the days of great expectation for the manifestation of the Glory of God in the earth! HE said in His Word THIS from Acts 2:16-18:

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: KJV

Remember that ALL things are possible with God (Mark 10:27) and ALL things are possible to those who will believe (Mark 9:23)! It doesn't take faith to believe for what is common, ordinary or possible to the natural mind. Faith is needed when it SEEMS impossible! Notice it speaks above of having a high level of faith, only to be faced with "facts" that contradict everything you have been believing for. There is a HUGE difference between "facts", which is what the world sees and speaks of, and TRUTH, which is what the Word of God IS (John 17:17)! Base everything that you  are asking and believing for on the promises found in the Word  of God (1 John 5:14-15) and you WILL see the seemingly impossible things happen, right before your eyes! DARE to believe the God of the Bible and you will walk in His promises of abundant and overflowing LIFE! John 10:10:

10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). AMP

AMEN! Here is Hillsong with a song that speaks of the supernatural manifestation of the glory and power of our Almighty God! "Lost Are Found":


Shalom in Him!