Monday, May 25, 2015

Shalom,

We read Psalm 144 today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan, and it is very appropriate for Memorial Day! Verses 1-2 says:

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight— My Steadfast Love and my Fortress, my High Tower and my Deliverer, my Shield and He in Whom I trust and take refuge, Who subdues my people under me

 Some people wold like to believe that God has nothing to do with war, but they would be wrong. We find many accounts of the LORD Himself leading Israel into battle to defend their nation. There WILL come a day when there will be no more war, but it will NOT be until the time when Jesus Himself is ruling and reigning as the King of kings and the LORD of lords on the earth during His Millennial reign! He said this in Mark 10:34:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. KJV

Jesus did NOT come to bring that kind of peace, but rather peace between the One, True God and sinful mankind. HE became sin with our sin in order to take sin completely out of the picture IF we believe and receive! Believe that He died and rose again for US, and receive HIM as Lord and personal Savior! When we do this, THEN we are at perfect peace with God forever! THEN we can choose to live in His peace! Look at Psalm 119:165:

165 Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.  AMP

The "peace" is the Hebrew word "shalowm", which means: safety, happiness, completeness, soundness, welfare, prosperity, health, contentment. Our warfare as born again believers is, first of all, against the devil and evil spirits (Ephesians 6:12) and we have spiritual weapons to defeat him (2 Corinthians 10:4), but sometimes, as a result of the curse of sin in the earth and the influence that the enemy has over unbelievers, we are forced to fight natural battles. When we do this, we can have confidence that the God of the Bible is on our side! AMEN! Here is Hillsong United with "Love Is War":


In Your justice and Your mercy
Heaven walked the broken road
Here to fight this sinner's battle
Here to make my fall Your own

Turn my eyes to see your face
As all my fears surrender
Hold my heart within this grace
Where burden turns to wonder

I will fight to follow 
I will fight for love
To throw my life forever
Into the triumph of the Son

Let your love be my companion
In the war against my pride
Long to break all vain obsession
Till You're all that I desire

Turn my eyes to see your face
As all my fears surrender
Hold my heart within this grace
Where burden turns to wonder

I will fight to follow 
I will fight for love
To throw my life forever
Into the triumph of the Son

And I know Your love has won it all
You took the fall
To embrace my sorrows
I know You took the fight
You came and died but the grave was borrowed
I know You stood again
So I can stand with a life to follow
In the light of Your name

Shalom in Him!