Thursday, April 30, 2015

Shalom,

Psalm 119:89-91:
89 Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens]. 90 Your faithfulness is from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands fast. 91 All [the whole universe] are Your servants; therefore they continue this day according to Your ordinances.

I hope that YOU are enjoying Psalm 119 as much as I am! Another result, and reward, of meditating on the Word of God is that it becomes SO real and extremely logical! You'll wonder why everyone doesn't see it, and then you'll remember that they CANNOT without giving the same attention in meditation and obedience as you have! In John 17:17 we hear Jesus stating that the Word IS Truth! Here, in Psalm 119, we see that His Word has been FOREVER settled! "Settled" here is the Hebrew word "natsab", which means: to stand; to establish; to set over; to stand firm;to be fixed. The Word of God is TRUE and it will NEVER change! You and I can put our complete faith, trust and confidence in His Word! His Word WILL accomplish what He sent it forth to accomplish, IN the lives of those who will receive that Word! I encourage you to go into your Bible reading and study with a new determination that whatever He is saying to do, you CAN do it, because HE will confirm it when you do (Mark 16:20)! AMEN! Here are a few more encouraging verses from this Psalm:
97 Oh, how love I Your law! It is my meditation all the day. 98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me. 99 I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation. 100 I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
129 Your testimonies are wonderful [far exceeding anything conceived by man]; therefore my [penitent] self keeps them [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]. 130 The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple. 131 I opened my mouth and panted [with eager desire], for I longed for Your commandments.

160 The sum of Your word is truth [the total of the full meaning of all Your individual precepts]; and every one of Your righteous decrees endures forever.
164 Seven times a day and all day long do I praise You because of Your righteous decrees. 165 Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.

AMEN! Thank You, Jesus, for Your Word! Now, to encourage you further in this commitment to obey the Word of God no matter what, Here is Hillsong United with a commitment song called "Oceans". Don't take this commitment lightly, but reinforce it daily! Amen! 


Shalom in Him!