Sunday, February 8, 2015

Shalom,

Psalm 39:3-7 has an important message for all born again believers!
My heart was hot within me. While I was musing, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: Lord, make me to know my end and [to appreciate] the measure of my days—what it is; let me know and realize how frail I am [how transient is my stay here]. Behold, You have made my days as [short as] handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing in Your sight. Truly every man at his best is merely a breath!Selah [pause, and think calmly of that]! Surely every man walks to and fro—like a shadow in a pantomime; surely for futility and emptiness he is in turmoil; each one heaps up riches, not knowing who will gather them. And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect? My hope and expectation are in You.

What the psalmist is saying here is NOT that our lives are meaningless to God, but that they are but a single breath in the scope of all eternity! When the God of the Bible tell us THIS in John 10:10 ...:

10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

... He is telling us that we have everything we need in order to walk in abundance, with every need met, and in the power of the Gospel to meet the needs of those we come in contact with! WE should be thinking like, speaking like, acting like, and having the same results as Jesus did when HE walked on the earth! This is NOT simply for our benefit, but to equip us to reach the lost AND to prepare for ourselves a wonderful, exciting future in the next life that is filled with the rewards of what we've done in obedience to Him in THIS life! We must realize that the next life will not be spent sitting on a cloud, but will be filled with fulfilling, rewarding responsibilities! Do you remember the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30? Look at the rewards given to the one who took his 5 talents and made 5 more in verses 20-21:
20 And he who had received the five talents came and brought him five more, saying, Master, you entrusted to me five talents; see, here I have gained five talents more. 21 His master said to him, Well done, you upright (honorable, admirable) and faithful servant! You have been faithful and trustworthy over a little; I will put you in charge of much. Enter into and share the joy (the delight, the blessedness) which your master enjoys.

The KJV says "I will make you ruler over many things". If there are things or people to be ruler over, then there MUST be a very interesting plan that God has for us! We MUST look at this life as a preparation for things to come! Yes, we SHOULD enjoy every moment of this life in all the abundance that His Word provides, BUT, this life should NEVER be all that we think about or are consumed by! We DO have the ability, by His Spirit Who lives in us, to get the very most out of this life while we are preparing ourselves for a great and wonderful eternity! AMEN! Here is an older song by Hillsong called "From Here To Eternity":


Shalom in Him!