Sunday, December 7, 2014

Shalom,

Proverbs 8 is  ALL about WISDOM! How wonderful and precious, it is and how to get it for ourselves! Look at verses 10-11:
10 Receive my instruction in preference to [striving for] silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold, 11 For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

"Skillful and godly Wisdom"  gives us the ability to use the Word of God to effect change in our lives! Look at these verses 12 and 18-21:: 

12 I, Wisdom [from God], make prudence my dwelling, and I find out knowledge and discretion

18 Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness (uprightness in every area and relation, and right standing with God). 19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than refined gold, and my increase than choice silver. 20 I [Wisdom] walk in the way of righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation), in the midst of the paths of justice, 21 That I may cause those who love me to inherit [true] riches and that I may fill their treasuries.

I especially like that those who choose to love the Lord are PROMISED that they will inherit TRUE riches and have filled treasuries! THAT means every need met and enough over to continue to be a BLESSING! So what should we do? Look at verses 32-35:
32 Now therefore listen to me, O you sons; for blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are those who keep my ways. 33 Hear instruction and be wise, and do not refuse or neglect it. 34 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. 35 For whoever finds me [Wisdom] finds life and draws forth and obtains favor from the Lord.

Want favor from the LORD? Obey what you know to do and keep drawing closer to him in every situation! Remember, NOTHING takes God by surprise! He KNOWS the best course of action for each of us. Find out YOURS today! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with another Christmas song called "It's Christmas Time Again":


Shalom in Him!