Thursday, December 4, 2014

Shalom,

I want to share with you today from two of the daily devotionals that I use. They both have very important encouragement for being successful in standing on the Word of God for all of the issues of life! The first is from Kenneth E. Hagin's Faith Food and deals with answered prayer:

"Because he have set his love upon me, therefore.... He shall call upon me, and I will answer him..." (Ps. 91:14-15). 
"Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not" (Jer. 33:3). 
"And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive" (Matt. 21:22). 
"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them" (Mark 11:24). 
"And in that day you shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you...ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:23-24). 


These are by no means all of the scriptures on the subject of prayer. But these scriptures alone are enough to set our hearts on fire. They're enough to start us praying. Why? Because El Shaddai said to us, "I will answer." The Almighty God - the One who is more than enough - has promised to answer those who set their love on Him! 


Confession: I have set my love upon Almighty God; therefore, He answers me. I call upon Him, and He answers me. I ask, and He gives me. I seek, and He causes me to find. I knock, and He opens it to me. What things soever I desire, when I pray, I believe that I receive them, and God causes me to have them. Whatever I ask in Jesus' Name, Almighty God gives me. My joy is full!


We can also add THIS from John 15:7  and 1 John 5:14-15 to these verses on prayer:

7 If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. AMP

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. KJV

Now that we have established, beyond doubt, that God hears and answers prayer that is in line with His Word, we can prepare ourselves to have and maintain a "right mental attitude"! From Jerry Savelle's devotional:

No one can make you have a positive attitude, you are the only one who can make that decision. Remember that God’s Word is the foundation of a right mental attitude. Study these principles and allow them to become strong on the inside of you.
“You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had” (Philippians 2:5 NLT).
1. A right mental attitude is more than wishful thinking. It is actually facing each day with a positive expectancy based on God’s Word.
2. A right mental attitude is having a proper understanding of the problems you face, their source, and knowing how to approach them with God’s Word. You need to know your enemy and how he operates. You need to know his weaknesses. I’ll tell you two of them:
(a) He cannot stand it when you praise Jesus
(b) He cannot stand the Word of God
He has no refuge from them. He has to flee from them. He cannot tolerate either.
3. A right mental attitude enables you to possess peace, calmness, self-control and the determination to win no matter how difficult your situation may seem.
4. A right mental attitude demands that you drive out all negatives from your consciousness and focus on God’s Word.
Confession: I choose to have a good attitude and expect the best today knowing that God is good and He is for me.
NOW you are well equipped to OWN your day! MAKE it a great one! Here is another Christmas song from Hillsong Worship called "Peace Has Come":


Shalom in Him!