Friday, August 29, 2014

Shalom,

I like this portion of today's "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers:

Said I not unto you, that if you would believe, you should see the glory of God? — John 11:40
Every time you venture out in the life of faith, you will find something in your common-sense circumstances that flatly contradicts your faith. Common sense is not faith, and faith is not common sense; they stand in the relation of the natural and the spiritual. Can you trust Jesus Christ where your common sense cannot trust Him? Can you venture heroically on Jesus Christ’s statements when the facts of your common-sense life shout – "It’s a lie?" On the mount it is easy to say – ‘Oh, yes, I believe God can do it’; but you have to come down into the demon-possessed valley and meet with facts that laugh ironically at the whole of your mount-of-transfiguration belief. Every time my programme of belief is clear to my own mind, I come across something that contradicts it. Let me say I believe God will supply all my need, and then let me run dry, with no outlook, and see whether I will go through the trial of faith, or whether I will sink back to something lower.

This goes right along with Isaiah 31 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan! Look at verse 1

1 Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses and trust in chariots because they are many and in horsemen because they are very strong, but they look not to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek and consult the Lord!

God's ways are NOT our ways (unless WE choose HIS ways!), but His ways are MUCH better (Isaiah 55:8-9)! When you find yourself at odds with the Word, choose the Word anyway! HE is always right (Numbers 23:19; Romans 3:4)! Trust Him and walk in the faith that the Word of God will bring! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Always Will":


Shalom in Him!