Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Shalom,

There are so many great things to share from today's Bible Reading Plan that it takes discipline to just pick one or two! The most exciting to me is found in 1 Corinthians 1. Here Paul is speaking of the Jews, who were always looking for a sign, and the Greeks, who were always trying to reason everything out to a logical conclusion. They wanted to hear something "reasonable" from the apostles and disciples of Jesus. What did they get instead? Look at verse 23:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness; KJV

The simple Gospel message is what they received from Paul and the other born again believers! That God so greatly loved the entire world that He sent His own Son (John 3:16-17) to be become a man. Jesus lived as a man, with all of the limitations of a human body to deal with. He never sinned, but became sin with OUR sin and sin nature so that He could pay the ultimate price for OUR salvation! He did this once for all! For all sin, for all people, for all time! The only requirement to receive this ransom is to believe that He did, and to receive Him as Lord and Savior! THIS was the "stumbling block"! They could NOT believe that it could be so simple! I LOVE the Amplified Bible for this! 

23 We preach Christ (the Messiah) crucified, [preaching which] to the Jews is a scandal and an offensive stumbling block [that springs a snare or trap], and to the Gentiles it is absurd and utterly unphilosophical nonsense.

It was scandalous to the Jews that God would ever become a mere human! They thought He would come riding in on a majestic horse and rescue Israel from their enemies! He WILL do that one day! BUT, He was NOT just looking to save Israel, but ALL who would believe! GLORY! THAT means ME! It means YOU! HALLELUJAH and Thank YOU, Jesus! I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel! Look at Romans 1:16:

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. KJV

Look also at the Amplified Bible:

16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God's power working unto salvation to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek, AMP

Do YOU believe with a personal trust and a confident surrender to and reliance on Him? If so, and you haven't yet prayed to receive Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior, then pray this prayer with me and KNOW that YOU have received this "scandalous" gift! 

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

AMEN! Now visit our website through the link on the left and find out how to begin to grow up in the things of God! Get into a good Bible teaching church and among like-minded believers! If you need help finding one, let us know and we'll help you out! Here, to encourage you, is Hillsong United with "Scandal of Grace":


Shalom in Him!