Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shalom,

I want to share two important Truths again from our Bible Reading Plan for today! First let's look at Psalm 98:1:

O SING to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have wrought salvation for Him. 

Do you see here that the LORD has gotten salvation for HIMSELF? That does NOT mean that God needed to be saved! What it does mean is that OUR Salvation, that was bought and paid for by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, was for HIM! HE desired that WE be saved! GLORY TO GOD! Want another confirmation on this? Look at Hebrews 12:2:

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. KJV

2 Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. AMP

WE were the joy that was set before Jesus! He got US as His prize! HE wrought OUR salvation for HIMSELF! HE desires that NONE should perish (2 Peter 3:9)! When you REALLY realize what this means about how HE looks at YOU, you will never fail to be bold about the Gospel again! Thank You, Jesus! The next Truth we'll look at is found in Luke 10:17-20:

17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name! 18 And He said to them, I saw Satan falling like a lightning [flash] from heaven. 19 Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you. 20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice at this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are enrolled in heaven.

When Jesus sent the seventy out, He gave them HIS authority over the works and workers of darkness! These disciples were amazed that the demons listened to THEM when they used His Name! Jesus told them NOT to be so giddy about that! Satan was a defeated foe from the time that the God of the Bible spoke his future out in Genesis! Jesus had seen that this rebel was cast out of Heaven! He had NO AUTHORITY over Jesus! NOW, after the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, WE, once we have been born again, have the SAME authority that Jesus had and gave to them! The Spirit of the Living God resides INSIDE of us! WE are children of God, heirs with Jesus (Romans 8:16-17) and members of His body (1 Corinthians 12:27)! OF COURSE these demons were subject to them, in His Name, and they ARE subject to us who have the right to be called by HIS NAME! AMEN! Refuse to let another moment go by in your life where you give up in the enemy's presence! He has NO AUTHORITY here! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Chapel with "Salvation Is Here":

"Salvation Is Here"
God above all the world in motion,
God above all my hopes and fears,
Well I don't care what the world throws at me now,
It's gonna be alright!

Hear the sounds of the generatorions,
Making loud our freedom song,
All in all that the world will know Your name,
We're gonna be alright!

Cause I know my God saved the day,
And I know His word never fails,
And I know my God made a way for me,
Salvation is here.

God above all the world in motion,
God above all my hopes and fears,
Well I don't care what the world throws at me now,
It's gonna be alright!

Cause I know my God saved the day,
And I know His word never fails,
And I know my God made a way for me,
It's gonna be alright!

Cause I know my God saved the day,
And I know His word never fails,
And I know my God made a way for me,
Salvation is here.

Salvation is here,
Salvation is here and it lives in me,
Salvation is here,
Salvation in God means to set me free,
Salvation is here,
Salvation is here and it lives in me,
Salvation is here,
Cause you are alive and you live in me!
Salvation is here,
Salvation is here and it lives in me,
Salvation is here,
Cause you are alive and you live in me!

Cause I know my God saved the day,
And I know His word never fails,
And I know my God made a way for me,
It's gonna be alright!

Cause I know my God saved the day,
And I know His word never fails,
And I know my God made a way for me,
Salvation is here.

Salvation is here and it lives in me,
Salvation is here,
Cause you are alive and you live in me!
Salvation is here.
Shalom in Him!