Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shalom,

We have been speaking of meditation some this week and I want to encourage you again in this! In John 17:17 Jesus declared this as He was praying for his disciples AND us (verse 20):

17 Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth. AMP

So the Word of God IS Truth! It doesn't just contain a little Truth, it IS Truth itself! So, as we continue to meditate on the Word of God, we are continually being set apart as being those who have been with Jesus! That is why being filled with the Holy Spirit is essential to our growth. It is His role to bring back to our attention the Word that we have already heard! John 14:25-26:

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. KJV

I actually like the Amplified Bible better for this!

25 I have told you these things while I am still with you. 26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. AMP

So, read, study and meditate daily on the Word of God, and stay filled with His Spirit. Then HE will bring to remembrance, at the exact time needed, the Word you have already put inside! Our God IS God, and He is GOOD! AMEN! Here is "Like Incense" by Hillsong United:


Shalom in Him!