Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shalom,

As you know, if you have read this blog for any length of time, my very favorite verse of Scripture is Philippians 3:10 from the Amplified Bible.

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] AMP

Getting to know HIM is the most important reason we should have for studying the Word of God! This is why I LOVE Jerry Savelle's Daily Devotional for today!

Him First!

When your motivation for studying the Bible is so that you can know Him and not just to find some “secret formula,” then you will discover that your relationship will put you in a position to have your every need met.
This is why Jesus said, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God,” or in other words, put God first in your life, then “all these things shall be added unto you” (see Matthew 6:33).
The revelation from the Word of God that God wants to bless us is certainly valid. However, some people have become selfish, self-centered, and have no desire to know God, they only want what He’ll give them.
Many people have never really entered into a “knowing” relationship with God. They know about Him, but they really don’t know Him, because they don’t know Him, they tend to believe things about Him that simply are not true.
Don’t just look for some “get rich quick” scheme. Study the Word in order to know Him more intimately.
I hear Christians say sometimes, “I don’t know God’s will.” When you get to know Him, you’ll know His will. When you seek Him to know Him, everything else that you need will always follow.
Confession: Today, I set aside any things that I have been seeking first. I commit to seek God first and to know Him more intimately and trust that the other things will be added to me.
We cannot even begin to be LIKE Him until we really get to KNOW Him! It is progressive, so we should expect to know Him a little more every day! It takes diligence, so any amount of laziness on our part will hinder this progression. It is VITAL, that's why the devil hates it and will try to distract you from this all the time! Make it YOUR "determined purpose" today to find out something new-to-you about Him each day! With the Holy Spirit as your Teacher (John 14:26), be prepared to be amazed! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Live with "I Surrender":


Shalom in Him!