Thursday, September 6, 2012

Shalom,

In the Old Testament, under the Old Covenant, God spoke to His people this way, from Hebrews 1:1:

 1IN MANY separate revelations [each of which set forth a portion of the Truth] and in different ways God spoke of old to [our] forefathers in and by the prophets, AMP

In the New Testament Gospels He spoke to us this way, from Hebrews 1:2:

   2[But] in the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order].

The Old Testament looked forward to the coming of the Messiah, the Savior of Israel and the world. The Gospels reveal how He came, what He said and what He did. The Epistles reveal who WE, who have received Jesus of Nazareth and Lord and personal Savior, are NOW! We must spend most of our time in the Epistles so that we can understand our New Covenant and learn to walk in it! In Philippians 3 Paul, who knew the resurrected Jesus better than most everyone else at that time, still made it his determined purpose to know HIM more! We should, too! Amen! Here is Hillsong with "Know You More". Lyrics follow.



You hold it all at once
The earth and all within
You look with eyes of love
To the sons of man
That I am known by You
Compels my heart to sing

I live to know You more
I live to know You more
I live to know You more
For me to live is Christ
To know You is my life

The storms will come and go
There's laughter and there's pain
Your kindness leads me on
To the light again
So I live and breathe
And find myself in You

I live to know You
I live to know You
I live to know You more

I count it all but loss
Compared to knowing You
I give my life away
To know You any day

Shalom in Him!