Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shalom,

Psalm 86:5 says this:

 For You, O Lord, are good, and ready to forgive [our trespasses, sending them away, letting them go completely and forever]; and You are abundant in mercy and loving-kindness to all those who call upon You.

Have you ever had the idea that God was up in Heaven with a giant hammer just ready to pound us for doing something wrong? I have had many people over the years tell me something similar to that! How totally untrue! If you stop and think about it, is there anyone in your life you would love enough to watch your own son be ridiculed, tortured and crucified for? NOT me! Yet, John 3:16-17 tells us this:

16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him. AMP

God loves each one of us so very much that He DID give His son for this purpose! And notice that verse 17 says that He did NOT send His Son to judge us, but to save us! Hallelujah! There IS now greater Gift! Amen! So how should WE respond? Psalm 86:10-13 and 15 sounds good to me!


   10 For You are great and work wonders! You alone are God. 11 Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk and live in Your truth; direct and unite my heart [solely, reverently] to fear and honor Your name. 12I will confess and praise You, O Lord my God, with my whole (united) heart; and I will glorify Your name forevermore. 13 For great is Your mercy and loving-kindness toward me; and You have delivered me from the depths of Sheol [from the exceeding depths of affliction]. 15 But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in mercy and loving-kindness and truth.

This IS our God! Aren't YOU thankful for that? I am! Here is Hillsong with "This Is Our God":



Shalom in Him!